Celebrities are known to give and take extravagant gifts. Their flamboyant and glamorous life is a source of constant fascination to us. We are dazzled by their world so much that we turn gossipers of their life and keep track of every news that flashes in their names. We idolize them,sometimes even criticize them, yet we cannot stop following them. So when it comes to their engagement announcement,we tend to go frenzy with excitement.Their story of how the proposal took place to where they would be going for their honeymoon becomes our main concern. The most interesting part of the story is the type of engagement ring she is being graced with.
Engagement ring of most of the celebrities, becomes famous not for the cut, color, carat or clarity of the stone, but for the money that has been shelled out to purchase it. Hence, the most expensive celebrity engagement ring eventually becomes a hot topic of discussion everywhere. Let us take a look at 5 of the most expensive celebrity engagement rings:
Top 5 Most Expensive Celebrity Engagement Rings:
1) Elizabeth Taylor: She was the proud possessor of an engagement ring that will perhaps remain the most expensive of all time. Her husband Richard Burton gifted her with a lavish 33.19-carat Asscher cut Krupp Diamond. It also had a large culet facet and was then certified as the most chemically pure diamond with extraordinary optical transparency. The ring cost a whopping $8.8 million.It was later auctioned in December 2011.
2) Beyoncé: Priced at more than $5million dollars, Beyoncé’s 18-carat flawless diamond is second in the list. Bought from jeweler Lorraine Schwartz, the emerald cut diamond is set in platinum with a split base. It is a ring that has twenty karat white gold. Her rock has been certified as flawless, exception and premium. The ring was given to her by her husband, rapper Jay-Z.
3) Paris Hilton: Known for her spendthrift nature and expensive taste, it is obvious that Paris Hilton’s name appears in the list.The ring which comes third in the list has been given by her ex-fiance Paris Latsis when he asked for her hand in marriage. The ring boast of white gold with a 24 carat canary, rectangular, diamond in the center and edged on the two sides by two triangle-cut baguettes. The ring was priced at $4.7 million.
4) Grace Kelly: Her legendary Cartier 10.47 carat emerald-cut center was priced at $4.06 million. The ring was flanked by two beautiful diamond baguettes. It was gifted by her husband Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
5) Melania Trump: From husband, Donald Trump she received a 15-carat emerald cut diamond ring, set on a platinum basket and embraced by baguettes or leaf-like designs. It was bought from the House of Graff in London. The ring is estimated to be $3.0 million.
Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Jacqueline Kennedy, Catherine Zeta Jones are other names who have in their possession, diamonds worth more than $1million.