Celebrities are like magnets. Everything they do fascinates us to the point that we attempt to capture them just to identify with them. It has become a matter of prestige today, to be able to possess anything they possess. When it comes to fashion, they are the trend setters and we, their trend followers. We literally worship their choice of fashion because it is a psychological tendency that they follow the latest and the best. This is no exception when it comes to the engagement ring that their partner give them at the time of popping the big question. Interestingly, their engagement ring designs set the trend for all those who are planning to buy an engagement ring.
So on this note, let us take a look at the latest trends in celebrity engagement ring.
1) Diamond Cluster: It is a ring where a cluster of small diamonds contributes to make a beautifully designed ring. With this type, you can uniquely make the engagement ring look bigger, for less. Yes, a diamond cluster ring saves a lot of money. The smaller diamonds can collectively bring in a lot of sparkle. They are versatile and amazing. They are deemed as the next big engagement ring.
2) Colored Diamond/Gemstone: Another trend which seems to have taken the fashion world by storm are the colored diamonds. Colored diamonds are definitely having a great moment now.Most of the celebrities today, flaunt eye-catching colored gemstones. It is definitely a unique way to stand out from the masses of other diamond possessors. Some celebrities with colored diamonds are Halle Berry, Penelope Cruz, Jenny McCarthy, Olivia Wilde, Blake Lively, Kelly Clarkson and the likes.
3) The Big Diamond: Another type that is in and has been embraced by many of our celebrities is the ring with a huge center diamond. They may either be just one big diamond of any shape or a big diamond flanked by smaller ones. They usually feature simple designs and thin bands. Beyonce, Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian are a few of the many who possesses a huge dazzling bling.
4) Fancy Shape: While the round cut diamond is considered to be the most popular shape because of their sheer beauty and their maximum sparkling capacity, celebrities have set a new trend by flocking to other fancy shapes like emerald, princess, cushion, asscher etc. These shapes are gaining momentum thanks to our celebrities like Beyonce, Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Mariah Carey, Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus etc.
5) Halo Engagement Rings: Another type that has captured the hearts of our celebrities is the halo engagement setting. A halo diamond ring features a big diamond stone in the center, surrounded by a cluster of small diamonds. The big center stone may be of any shape. It is a style that has a blend of traditional and contemporary look.
Two words that best describe the latest trends are “big” and “color”. Yes, celebrity engagement ring seems to be getting bigger and bigger and after Prince Charles proposed Kate Middleton with a Sapphire engagement ring, there has been a growing demand for colored stones. Nevertheless, the other trends are also very much in vogue. They are here to stay and to tempt us with their elegance and beauty.