If there is one diamond shape that expresses your love in the most profound way, it is without doubt the heart shaped diamond ring. They are the true embodiment of love and romance and their mere shape is enough to spell the unspoken words. The heart shaped diamonds are a modified version of the pear shaped diamond. A sharp and distinct cleft on the top center gives the diamond the beautiful shape. The heart shaped diamond is rare, so much that you may be the only one sporting a heart shaped diamond ring in an elaborate gathering.
Heart shaped diamond rings have facets ranging from 56 and 58, with the number of facets on the pavilion varying between 6 and 8. It is of utmost importance to take a look at the symmetry of the heart shaped diamond wherein the two halves should be of the exact size and carved exactly at the right degree so that both the sides are well-balanced. You must also be aware of the fact that a heart shaped diamond of less than .50 is not a great choice as the stone will not reveal the ‘heart’ shape when set with prongs.
If you have decided to opt for a heart shaped diamond ring, you will be surprised to learn that there are innumerable designs to choose from. Listed below are some of the latest designs in heart shaped diamond rings:
- The Classic Four Prong Setting: Simple yet elegant, the heart shaped diamond is clawed by four prongs and is supported by a rounded inside edge for that extra comfort. It is a ring of excellent craftsmanship.
- The Antique Look: Nothing beats the antique touch. An engraved scroll pattern on the sides and on the top of the band in antique style when accentuated with small dazzling diamonds will render a delicate yet beautiful touch. This is for those who loves the antique style engagement ring.
- The Twisted Band: In this design a delicate strand of small diamonds is made to appear in a twisted style. This paves the way for a stunning band with a totally different look.
- Three Stone Ring: If you are a fan of the symbolic significance of the three stone ring, then this is definitely the one for you. In this setting, a big heart shaped diamond is flanked on both sides with small heart shaped diamonds and set on a simple band.
- Micropave Heart Shaped Diamond: This setting is not only beautiful, but elegant as well. In this setting the center heart shaped diamond is complemented with a half circle of dazzling small micro pave diamonds.
- Heart Shaped flanked by Two Princess Cut Pave Diamonds: Another endearing option is a center heart shaped diamond decorated with two small princess cut diamonds on the two sides. This makes for a very impressive and elegant design.
Apart from the above available trends, there are numerous other options at your disposal. The stunning shape in itself is enough to glorify any kind of settings and when accentuated with intricate details, the look is further enhanced.