Who wore the best jewelry at the 2016 Oscars?
Oscar brings out the best in every known celebrity! It is a platform where some of the world’s best fashion designers, accessory designers and jewelry designers are able to showcase their incredible creativity, skill and talent. It is a platform where we are introduced to some of the most beautiful and sensational dresses or gowns and a bevy of extortionate and stunning jewelries. In short, every year Oscar has us stunned and dazzled with its red carpet glitz.
Now that the 2016 Oscar just got over, let us take a look into some of the best jewelries that graced the occasion:
• Olivia Wilde: Olivia Wilde made the Oscar red carpet go wild with a Neil Lane choker and earrings inundated with pearls.
• Charlize Theron: Her low cut gown was accessorized with a $3.7 million worth of Harry Winston Diamonds. They included a 48.8 carat Secret Cluster Diamond Necklace, a 15.49 carats Winston Cluster Diamond Earring, an 8.78 carat Cushion-Cut Diamond Ring with Micropave and a 7.44 carats Micropave Diamond Band Ring, and Queen Diamond Ring.
• Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga accentuated her Brandon Maxwell jumpsuit gown with a 90-carat emerald cut diamond from Lorraine Schwartz which is said to be worth $8 million.
• Saoirse Ronan: Perhaps the only one to opt for a mismatched trend, Saoirse Ronan paired her slinky emerald gown with a drop earring from Chopardwhich featured an 18 carats emerald, pearls, nearly 6 carats ofjadeite, and 3.25 carats of diamonds.
• Reese Witherspoon: Her Oscar de la Renta gown was accompanied by 1 million worth of diamond from Tiffany & Co. jewelry.
• Naomi Watts: Naomi Watts flaunted her look in a huge and bold Bulgari collar necklace which comprised of brilliant cut and pave diamonds.
• Kerry Washington: Her offbeat leather Versace was matched with a Harry Winston 42-carat vintage diamond,1963 hoops in platinum.
• Olivia Munn: She kept her jewelries minimum yet her serpent diamond bracelet by Forevermark made her stand out. The bracelet featured a 12.06 carat round brilliant Exceptional Forevermark Diamonds.
• Cate Blanchett: Her jewelries were from Tiffany & Co. She wore drop earrings of marquise and round diamonds in platinum from Tiffany Blue Book collection. In addition, she also wore a starfish cuff of round diamonds set in platinum and a ring of 2.30 carat round diamond with a round diamond border alsoset in platinum. The jewelries complemented her ornate gown perfectly.
• Alicia Vikander: She perfected her look in a Vuitton gown by pairing up with Louis Vuitton earrings. She chose to keep her neck bare.
• Julianne Moore: Julianne Moore decked her Chanel gown with earrings from Chopard- a 13-carat diamond set in white gold.
• Priyanka Chopra: The Quantico star accentuated her Zuhair Murad gown with diamond and drop earrings and rings by Lorraine Schwartz. Her earrings, which featured 50 carats of diamond is a whopping $3.2 million. She flaunted three rings of 22 carats, 10 carats and 8 carats respectively.
• Brie Larson: She sported a beautiful brooch made of Swarovski crystals and a set of diamond and pearl earrings.
• Tina Fey: Her Bulgari Sapphire necklace and a vintage white gold with ruby ring, beautifully augmented her purple strapless fishtail gown.
• Rachel McAdam: She accessorized her silk emerald August Getty gown with shoulder length diamond earrings.